The third and existing Trinity Church was finished in 1846, and as the tallest building in lower Manhattan, it’s towering gothic spire was the welcoming beacon for ships sailing into New York Harbor. Trinity Church is a registered National Landmark.
This famous church on the Princeton University Campus is undergoing a total renovation of the sanctuary and chancel, including pews and furniture, paint and decoration, as well as major mechanical updates.
Cardinal Sean O’Malley and Rector Msgr. Kevin O’Leary chose Baker Liturgical Arts of Plantville CT to partake in the historical restoration, who in turn contracted The Keck Group, also known as “The Cathedral Pew Restorers”, to do the complicated refinishing work.
The church was designated the Cathedral for the Diocese of Rockville Centre in 1957, and we began our work toward their interior restoration project with the removal of pews and furnishings to our shop for restoration on January 4th, 2016.
For one of America’s most prestigious church facilities, this year has seen the kickoff of the biggest full-scale restoration in its history. And for a niche company based in Middletown, New York, the project has presented the most high-profile opportunity in its history to show what it can do.