Construction of The Basilica of St. Patrick’s Old Cathedral was completed in 1815, and at the time was the third Catholic Church organized in the United States.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977, and designated a Basilica by his holiness Pope Benedict XV1 on March 17, 2010.
The Keck Group was commissioned to restore the pews to their original glory beginning in October of 2014.
Update: Work has been completed! For more information, click here.