The Unitarian Church of All Souls, located at the corner of 80th Street and Lexington Avenue in Manhattan was the first Unitarian Congregation to be organized in the State of New York in 1819.
The current church was constructed in 1932 and was designed by Richard Upjohn’s grandson Herbert in the Colonial Revival Style.
The Keck Group won the pew restoration project because of their expert knowledge in restoring painted surfaces with strong durable pre-catalyzed finishes. Although this finish is state of the art today, we replicated the older finishes that were used in the original manufacturing process.
We began the project the day after Easter, 2019, and finished the install on March 20th, 2020 as the last trade-in, the day before the city and state were shut down by Governor Mario Cuomo the next day due to the Covid-19 Virus Pandemic.